|Birthplace||New York City|
|Occupation(s)||New NGD Recruit|
|Base of Operations||NGD Base|
- "*Flicks the bobble on his hat back and forth* Child. Would you want to learn how to make cupcakes? Those two are going out tonight...so....um...I don't really have anyone to talk to. Not that I need it. I am a creature of solitude and despair...but if you want some cupcakes let me know."
- ― Tobias, talking about making cupcakes to Samuel Grey's sister, Megan.
Tobias Grimm is a new member of Aegis and a main character in the Legacy RP. He also has a main role in the second season of the Amalgam RP.
When Tobias was a child, he was in a near-fatal car crash. In a panic, his parents brought him to a mage because he wouldn't live long enough to get to a hospital. The mage managed to heal him, but he was so close to death a part of his soul died before he was saved, leading it to manifest in a copy of Tobias made out of dark energy. Over the next days, this "Alter-Ego" as Tobias started calling it got more and more aggressive, to the point where it killed his parents and tried attacking him. Out of fear for everyone else's well-being, Tobias ran away after his parents were killed and lived in solitude. In this period, he became extremely nihilistic and guilt-ridden, as if he died, his parents wouldn't have died. Despite this, he saw his Alter-Ego as a horrible curse and reminder of that day, so he never let it kill him out of respect for his parents. After getting recruited by Aegis, Tobias vowed to do some good in the world to make up for the fact that he was alive.
Tobias is a main character in the Legacy RP. He is the stoic straight man of the group, usually indifferent to the other heroes antics. He seems to get along with Matthew and Bonnie the best, and is seemingly rather aloof to the rest.
Tobias has a main role in the second season of the Amalgam RP.
Tobias is average height and very pale. He has messy,unkempt hair and a crazed look in his eyes most of the time. He also has a sloppy look about him. He has an uncountable amount of bags under his eyes. He wears a purple knit cap with a black bobble that he tends to fiddle with.
Tobias is a very paranoid person, understandably as a result from his power. He does have a very serious and dramatic way of speaking however, and takes his duties seriously. He also has a worryingly Nihilistic nature, and is rather stoic to personal injuries. Tobias is also perpetually exhausted due to his insomnia and forced sleep-deprivation, which leads to him yawning often and consuming a very unsafe amount of coffee. Despite his off-putting personality, Tobias is a selfless person who would put other members of his team over his own well-being. Despite this, he is rather ruthless in his fighting tactics, and has no problem outright killing villains that threaten his friends and society in general. He does also seem to have a fierce hatred of mages because of the incident from his past. Tobias also seems to enjoy embracing being the dark, brooding type as he says overly dramatic things about situations and tends to hang around in dark corners, casually dodging attacks from his Alter-Ego. Despite all of this, Tobias is extremely socially awkward due to being pent up in his room since the incident from his past, and is very out of touch with people. Due to this, Tobias tends to overeexaggerate his mysterious and dark nature, usually weirding out the people around him. Also, Tobias tends to make friends with children extremely easy for no reason, possibly because they find his over the top nature funny and he has a quite a caring demeanor ironically.
- Alter-Ego:Tobias has a copy of himself made from dark energy he can shapeshift and control. His Alter-Ego does try and kill him if it isn't being controlled and has a highly agressive nature. It is also extremely powerful, but it's power weakens in the presence of harsh light or fire. It is also pretty sturdy and can block a wide variety of attacks while being controlled.
- Enhanced Reflexes: Tobias has better dodging reflexes then a normal human due to dodging attacks from his Alter-Ego all his life.
- Insomnia:Since Tobias can only sleep in 15 minute intervals or else his Alter-Ego will manifest and kill him, which makes him able to go longer without sleep then an average human.
- Tobias's power was based on the legend of Edward Mordake.
- In the second season of the Amalgam RP, there is a running gag of Tobias making fast friends with any child they meet, such as Joan and Megan.